As a teacher…
- Are you wanting to get your students to think about mathematics in ways that go beyond using procedures to solve routine problems?
- Would you like for your students to have a more positive math disposition and begin to take ownership of their own learning?
- Are you challenged by how to make more challenging content accessible to all your students?
Then this training is for you!
Manipulatives can be important tools in helping students to think and reason in more meaningful ways. Join Tammy over 9 Saturdays throughout the school year as she shares strategies for using these vital tools to support maximizing student success. You may register for just one Saturday or subscribe to the entire series. However….
Each training is limited to 10 Educators!
Schedule (9 AM – 4 PM CT)
|October 14th||Number Generators|
|November 11th||Pattern Blocks|
|December 16th||Algebra Tiles|
|January 27th||Cubes: Linking, Unifix™, basic|
|April 14th||Assorted Counters|
|May 12th||Color Tiles|
- Introduction to the manipulative and how it can be used to support developing understanding in a variety of mathematical topics,
- Classroom ready activities and tasks,
- Journal and writing prompts,
- Suggested questions to use as students are working with the manipulatives, tasks, and activities,Set product image
- Activity/task cards for centers, learning stations, & small group instruction,
- Opportunity to develop tasks/activities personalized for your own students,
- Individualized attention due to the small group size,
- As applicable, trade books will be suggested and an opportunity will be given to create classroom sets of some of the manipulatives using the die cut.
- Certificate for 6 hours of Professional Development for each training successfully completed with the potential for 66* hours of Professional Development. *(Includes introductory webinar as well as some additional classroom work, if entire series is purchased.)
- On-going support via email throughout the school year.
$125 per individual 6-hour training includes (activity booklet, class materials, and materials to create a classroom set of die-cut manipulatives when applicable)
**Districts and schools have the option to send different educators to different sessions, but each must watch the Using Manipulatives in the Classroom webinar and credit hours of completion will vary.