New from Tammy Jones and Leslie Texas – Strategic Journeys for Building Logical Reasoning
Help your students develop logical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
These new books from best-selling authors and popular consultants Tammy Jones and Leslie Texas offers authentic logic-building activities and writing strategies that can be used across all subject areas. Filled with hands-on activities and photocopiable tools, Strategic Journeys will help you guide your students into deeper thinking to go beyond the surface of content to true understanding.
The strategies in this book have been implemented in hundreds of classrooms around the country and have been proven to increase student engagement, promote higher-order thinking and in-depth reasoning, and improve overall achievement.
- Identifying opportunities for students to engage in meaningful and relevant writing across the content areas;
- Introducing a logical reasoning process, questioning structure, and bridging models to allow students to delve deeper into problems;
- Incorporating literature to increase student engagement and make content come alive for your students;
- Building vocabulary and literacy skills through fun activities aimed at increasing proficiency;
- Using the Three Phases of Logical Reasoning to plan lessons effectively, help students reflect on their progress and implement the strategies successfully.
Review for the K-5 book:
“More than ever before, students need to be able to reason and think critically.Strategic Journeys for Building Logical Reasoning, K-5 provides elementary school teachers with a method to teach logical reasoning in a fun and engaging way. The activities provided are tied to literature and stress the connection to writing that is so important with college and career standards. This book will be an asset to any elementary math curriculum.”–Melody Collier, Curriculum Coordinator, Dyersburg Intermediate School, Dyersburg, Tennessee
Review for the 6-8 book:
“Coauthor Leslie Texas has worked with our teachers through professional development and coaching to implement many of the strategies in this book. As a result, I’ve seen a transformation of classroom practice and an increase in student engagement throughout our district’s math classrooms. I highly recommend this book.”–Angela Harris, Jefferson County Public School Secondary Math Specialist, Louisville, KY
Review for the 9-12 book:
“Jones and Texas deliver another gem. This book is a must-have for teachers. Students will love playing detective with the Hot Air, Cold Body Lesson and teachers will love the opportunities for questioning guidance. The Logical Reasoning Process Tool is genius.”–Micahel Brown, Presidential Award Winner for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching